Sunday, April 23, 2006

The London Marathon in Mcr

The London Marathon in Mcr
The London Marathon in Mcr,
originally uploaded by doogleQ.
I decided it would be nice to come and watch the London Marathon on the BBC's big screen in Exchange Square. I watched the start early from the comfort of my sofa, then peddled over here. Nobody is here just to watch the show, but there are several passers by stopping for a glance while their partners are shopping in the Corn Exchange!

The screen will, no doubt, be used more during the world cup. Expect barriers and crowd control and anti-drinking officers (the number of empty beer cans strewn around is disgusting..). By then, the big wheel will have also moved from this unsuitable location, releasing the seating for its intended use.

Whilst it's raining in London, it's lovely up north, with the sun being out more than behind the clouds. It's my intention to go out for a run later, training more for my own entry in the Great Manchester run in less that a month. After some good practice last week, I'm finally quietly confident for a half-decent finish time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home