Monday, April 24, 2006

Networking

Networking
Networking,
originally uploaded by doogleQ.
After work on Monday, my old pal James had invited me to a "Beermat Monday" event at Tiger Tiger in town. This was an event where you can meet like-minded entrepreneurs and make other contacts to help you do business. Although James and I had initially set up Legalhelpers over 5 years ago, we aren't, as such, entrepreneurs or self-employed at the moment. Nevertheless, we went armed with (in my case, out of date) business cards and gave the Legalhelpers "online legal services" spiel.

I was initially nervous about attending the event, but it was very friendly and I must have been enjoying it, as the time flew by. Met some interesting people, and got some ideas of how to perhaps conduct ourselves at the next event. More planning is needed on our parts, specifically with how we want to describe what it is that we do.

If nothing else, it was a good fun night out and provided inspiration for future projects. We ended up being amongst the last to leave, and retired to Sinclair's Oyster Bar for a pint (James and Gareth pictured).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home