Sunday, January 07, 2007

Akbar's

Had a very pleasant meal at Akbar's restaurant tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had to wait a long time in the standing-room-only bar area, long enough for one and a half bottles of Cobra. I saw one of my modern day TV heroes, Richard McCourt or Dick as he has been known, at the bar too. But it was too crowded to make a scene and dash over for a photograph or autograph. Besides, I already own a dog bowl which bears his signature!

Mustafa was our server for the evening and, as is often the case with this style of food, the service was very quick. Mustafa also brought Suzie an ice-cream with candles in it, and we all sang. Most tables seemed to be singing Happy Birthday at some point in the evening. I'm not sure if they were all genuine, or each trying to be louder than the previous table just for the fun of it!

Tomorrow night, we may had back to Liverpool Road for The Ox's famous pub quiz. It would be good to start making that a regular Sunday night thing again. It depends how much boring coursework I can get done during the day as to whether I'll be able to start the regularity tomorrow or not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home