Sunday, May 21, 2006

Run Done

Run Done
Run Done,
originally uploaded by doogleQ.
I completed my Great Manchester Run this morning, and got a target time of under 45 minutes, but only just with a personal best of 44:58 :) I'm quite pleased with that, although there is definitely room for improvement in future runs. The course was tight at times, making it difficult for over-taking. That perhaps cost me a few seconds.

I unfortunately lost Andy at about 7km, and didn't see him afterwards either. He must have passed me in the crowd as I waited at the finish. Despite being ill, he also did really well to finish in about 46 minutes.

Thanks to all who sponsored me. That means a lot to me and Cancer Research UK. You can still make a donation through me, at www.justgiving.com/danielharding or directly to the charity. Thanks also to the crowds that were cheering, it really does help the runners along imensely. The cheers were especially great at the finish line, and I could here it all from about the 500m mark. The noise undoubtably made me finish at the time in which I did.

We went for lunch at Albert's Shed, after trying a few full pubs and bars beforehand. The atmosphere wasn't quite as brilliant as last year, perhaps because of the rain and me not visiting the charity and sponsor's stalls quite as much. But still a great day which I'll remember for some time. I think the Great North run, half marathon, may be possible next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home