Saturday, April 29, 2006

Full House

There was no spare room at the flat this weekend as Gareth's old Lancaster housemates were visiting. Naima, Stephen and Stephen arrived on Friday evening. I had cooked a roast beef dinner, but not entirely perfectly! This is a dish I normally deliver very well, but on this occasion the Yorkshires didn't rise, the meat was over done and it somehow just didn't "feel" right. My thoughts were over-reactionary because it was all eaten and well received, and I received compliments :) We had several more beers, glasses of wine, ports and whiskeys until the early hours. We even found some old cigars from a trip to London several years ago, and these were smoked (not by myself!) up on the roof of the building.

There had been talk of climbing Scafell Pike in the Lake District on the Saturday, but the amount of alcohol consumed the night before led me to believe that this would be cancelled. I realised how wrong I was when I was woken up early..

We made reasonably good time getting out of bed then on the long cramped journey. We stopped off for a lovely breakfast on the way and started the actual walking early afternoon. The weather was perfect for the trip, and there were fewer walkers than expected. As we reached the top, the cloud started to come down slightly, making it chilly and putting the stop on getting a good view. By the time we had got down, time was getting on, so we hit the road.

I kept having weird dreams during my punctuated naps, and awoke several times thinking we were being followed by other cars. I guess I was mainly over tired!

There was a motorway closure on the way home which added a bit of time to the journey. By the time we got home, it was too late for the original going-out plans, so the others got take-away while I went to bed, knowing I had another early start with a 10km run to attempt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home